Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home Away From Home

Being a born and bred Sydney-Sider who now lives in the country (and still on occasion pines for my pre-country life) I am always harping on to my poor Muddy Hubby 'I want my girls to go to Sydney', 'I want them to have some of the experiences I had growing up', 'I don't want them to end up in town for the rest of their lives, having never experienced anything different'. It's not that I wouldn't be happy for them to live in our town the rest of their lives, but I want to ensure they have the OPPORTUNITY for other experiences and adventures and other lifestyles, before they settle down.

I am very blessed to still have my parents living in Sydney, as well as a wonderful circle of friends and extended family in Sydney and Newcastle, so we are able to visit and explore the City and the Coast a couple of times a year. My most favourite time is this time of the year, as many friends are not working and are free for a wonderful catch up. We can generally get from A to B without too many traffic hassles or public transport hassles and the weather is generally pretty good, warm, but not Hot like home!

For me this week in particular has felt like coming Home (but now with a Muddy Hubby and 4 Muddy Kids), slipping back in to a comfy place, finding it hard to believe that I haven't lived here for 10 years! We have taken the Muddy Tribe to the parks I played in when I was growing up (with much newer and updated equipment), travelled up the coast and been to the beach, we've been to the fish markets and the local shops, had some delectable morning tea and GOOD QUALITY coffee. Most importantly though we've had some precious and memorable time with family and friends, providing our Muddy Kids with the opportunity to form 'City' friendships with the children of my friends. Something very special, which I hope will continue to grow over the years ahead.

Tomorrow we're off for some more exploring of the City, to show our Muddy Tribe just what Sydney and life outside our farm has to offer.
Bargaining for a good price!

A newly rebuilt park!

Certainly more exciting than the old swings when I was a kid.

Muddy Pixie taking it all in at the beach.

Showing the Twins how to play in their new Kitchen.

Group Hug!

On the Beach

Muddy Bubby's First trip to the beach.

Fun on the swing with Muddy Hubby

What's your favourite piece of Sydney?
Do you have a place that feels like a home away from home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It means so much to know you're reading and have taken the time to comment. Have a wonderful day.