Friday, October 5, 2012

On the Bright Side

In the effort to be a little less stressed and try and go with the flow a little more, I've had to let some things that I really love move to the wayside for a while, try and focus on the bright side of life and the everyday.

I'm really missing boot camp and my body is showing the changes with me not going, but on the plus side I am grateful for the chance to take my Muddy Organiser to Ballet and watch the joy it brings her, watch her confidence grow and her dancing definitely improve!.

I have been annoyed at having to travel to the big office for work this week but very grateful that I could tick off things on my to do list and move forward with some projects, at the same time as seeing some wonderful work people face to face, always better than the phone.

4 of my coffee mugs have been broken in the last week or so, plus 2 child locks on the cupboard doors as my Muddy Bubby finds his feet with walking and exploring, so while I will miss my lovely mugs I have something to put on my Christmas list and absolutely adore watching the look of excitement and pride on Muddy Bubby's face as he gets more confident with walking.

I have zero freezer space left after packing away all my Pork, Ham and Bacon, but on the bright side we have been having beautiful roast Pork and I have finally managed to get sublime crackling!


I am struggling to get my head around living with a Vegetarian, who used to be a Vegan who has certain things she can eat and certain things she won't, but am loving being able to expand my cooking repertoire and have an excuse to try new recipes.

The Ducks have moved out of the house yard and into the Duck Yard for day and the Chook Yard (foxproofed) at night, I worry every night when I hear funny noises that it's the fox coming back to take them, I send Muddy Hubby out to check, and when he's not here I traipse out myself ready to take on the fox. On the bright side our back step is no longer covered in Duck Poo and the Muddy Girls have been using the Duck's box as a stage to sing and dance on.




Each day when I focus on the bright side it makes my day go a little better, makes me remember to be grateful and appreciate what I have. Linking up with Maxabella at Village Voices for 52 Weeks of Grateful. Take a moment to think about what you're Grateful for, you won't regret it!


8 comments:

  1. "Always look on the bright side of life!"..I do admire your sunny attitude today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful examples of "looking on the bright side", it really is a matter of perspective isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Nat! Looking on the bright side really does make a difference. Thanks for the reminder xx love the pics of your little ones on "stage"! So cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great bright-side viewing there Nat. Your girls are gorgeous! And you have left me with a craving for roast pork... haven't had roast pork for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crackling has me drooling! I am yet to master it. Dry, dry, dry they say... is that what worked for you?

    My husbie would love a duck, but I'm just not sure. I'll follow your newbie's progress on the blog and see if it changes my mind. I love them, they're so cute, but... messy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright side. Best side to be ...
    Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is worth shifting to a positive mentality when we can, isn't it.
    I love your perspective.
    :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the bright side - i try to practice that as often as possible and find this gratitude check in makes all the difference.
    And with 2 chickens who poop like crazy i can only imagine the relief to be duck poo free LOL

    deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It means so much to know you're reading and have taken the time to comment. Have a wonderful day.