Monday, April 23, 2012

Famous First Words

I love this age that Muddy Bubby is at, he's off and exploring his little world, pulling himself up on absolutely everything. If you stop for a second you will have a Muddy Bubby using you to stand up with. He's covered in bruises where things have moved as he's been pulling himself up on them or his Muddy big sisters have knocked him over in their rush to help him.

What I love most though is the babbling, he's at that very special point where he's shifting from the random sounds to strings of babble, those first sounds that will eventually turn into words. And of course the first string of babble 'dadadadad'. Not once in four children has that babble been 'mumumum' despite the fact it's easier to say, despite the fact that he would hear it at least 1000 times a day as his Muddy Sisters call it out for this or that or just because. Despite all that he's babbling 'dadadad' and Muddy Hubby is walking around proud as punch.

It is special this time, it won't be long and he'll be calling out 'MUM' along with the rest of them and I'll be wishing him back to this time when he's babbling away with a 'dadadad'. I'm waiting though, just waiting, for that very special first word, no matter what it may be. I have a sneaking suspicion though it might be 'tractor', I could have sworn it almost came out of his mouth the other day, clear as anything, I think he's been spending a bit of time with his Dad!



It's a bit hard to get Muddy Bubby to smile at the camera, at the same time as Muddy Hubby
 Do you remember your little one's first words or even your own?

6 comments:

  1. Oh isn't it just the cutest. My 19 month old has just had a word explosion and mimics as a parrot with every word we say..so so cute.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, loving these photos too Nat. Warms my heart to see your two boys together like that... you can see the pride on muddy hubby's face, just gorgeous.
    Angus said Dada first, Felix said Mama. So one from two ain't bad. But you're right, it won't be long before it's Muuuuuum all the time. Enjoy the babble Nat! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous.
    I love this exciting stage your sweet little man is at.
    One of Magoo's first words was 'pinata'!!!
    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our 17month old was very predictable and said Dada first closely followed by Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how cute! You're right, soon enough he'll be yelling it out and your reply will be "go ask your dad!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny, I thought you would always remember their first words (for my two girls, they were 'turtle' and 'balloon') but I asked my Mum the other day what my first words were and she said 'oh God, I haven't a clue'. I suppose that's why we blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It means so much to know you're reading and have taken the time to comment. Have a wonderful day.