Monday, January 14, 2013

Grateful in the heat

This last week has been a busy one, the first week of swimming lessons, Muddy Hubby away, the heat, the insane heat, a baby shower, followed by a kitchen tea, it's all served to make for a lovely time, but messy house, but really, I'm too hot to care.

So in this busy hot week I have been very grateful for airconditioning, it is only in a couple of rooms in the house, but it's still making it cooler than the 47.5 degrees it hit on our inside back verandah in the shade! I have never been so grateful for airconditioning since I was living in the Territory in the build up to the wet season.

I have been grateful for the plastic pool that has kept the kids cool each afternoon as they splash around and pretend it's big enough to do everything in that they've been doing at swimming lessons.

I am so very grateful for my Mum for coming to visit again (despite her house being burgled) to look after my Muddy Cherubs for a day so I could go to the Kitchen Tea.

I am grateful that for now Muddy Hubby hasn't had to fight any bush fires and (touch wood) that our properties are so far safe from fire. I know that call will come for Muddy Hubby to go and lend a hand, but for now he is safe.

Surprisingly this week I have been most grateful for the Rural Fire Services 'Fires Near Me App' and their Facebook Page which have kept us up to date with what's happening and whether or not we need to be on alert, I do wonder how they did it before social media!

Bushfire Currently Burning in the Nearby National Park

So an eclectic list of Gratefuls this week, as I make sure I take the time to join in for 52 Weeks of Grateful over at Village Voices, kindly hosted by Maxabella. It's a lovely spot to visit, please check it out, you'll be pleased you did.


2 comments:

  1. Lots of reminders not to take our comfortable lives for granted.
    Take your time cleaning up - it just reappears anyway!!
    :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been thinking about you today Nat, Scott asked me to contact you guys to check if all is ok. I had no idea Muddy Hubby would be on call to fight the fires. My gosh, so much going on. Sending lots of love to you all, stay safe kids xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It means so much to know you're reading and have taken the time to comment. Have a wonderful day.