Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pottering around

I'd love to say I'm a gardener and have a green thumb, but unfortunately I don't. That doesn't stop me trying though. The kids and I have spent lots of time outside lately when I'm not working, just pottering around the garden. Weeding the garlic garden bed (the only thing I have tried planting in my veggie patches this year), pruning my roses, planting spring bulbs and just hanging out in the garden, having tea parties and just enjoying the fresh air, soaking up the beautiful light and the smell of autumn setting in. As it has started getting colder in the mornings we simply put on more layers and change what we're doing so we're not sitting on the wet dewy grass.
 
I have chosen to focus on just one veggie for a few months and shower them with tender love and care, rather than try and plant lots and lose track of them all. I chose garlic - and I'm a little bit excited as they're all thriving and seem to be loving the weather, I know they're a long developing little plant, but I think it will be worth it!
 



1 comment:

  1. I'm not much of a green thumb either but I'm trying! Garlic is always on my shopping list in winter so a great idea to grow it! Gorgeous pics Nat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It means so much to know you're reading and have taken the time to comment. Have a wonderful day.