Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Coming Together of Family

 
This week we lost a very dear family member, a fabulous lady who I have countless fond memories of. It was a very sad farewell, lots of tears were shed as old stories were shared. The thing I am most grateful for, through the immense sadness, is the coming together of family. My Dad and his cousins all together in the one place for the first time in years, a lovely dinner with us all and the feeling of great comfort with just being together, all of us, sharing the burden of grief together.

The coming together of family is always so special, the shared memories, funny stories unearthed, the companionship that can only be had with family. Then the time afterwards to relish in my own little family and hope that they also have the same bond with their cousins and extended family as they grow.

I am joining in with 52 Weeks of Grateful which can be found here over at Octavia and Vicky.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this made me teary Nat. Beautifully expressed - that sense of family and comfort family offers too. I am so sorry for your loss. Much love to you. Elisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss Nat. So glad you have the comfort of your family and extended family. I agree, cousins are very special. Thinking of you. Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Nat. Having all of your family in one place is something special at such a sad time. Hugs to you. Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so wise and strong to be able to look for and see something positive through your grief. And I truly agree with you; there is nothing more important or more special than uniting with family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It means so much to know you're reading and have taken the time to comment. Have a wonderful day.